Shadrack Filmore Johnson
& Matilda Jane Cheek
Shadrack Filmore Johnson, son of Aaron Ashley JOHNSON & Sarah JOINES, was born July 1860 in Wilkes or Alleghany Co., NC, and d. 1936 in Oklahoma. He married Matilda Jane Cheek, daughter of Meredith CHEEK & Sarah ANDREWS, Jan. 20, 1881, in Alleghany Co., NC. She was born Jan. 1855 in Alleghany Co., NC, and d. 1940 in Oklahoma. Shadrack and Matilda Johnson are buried at the IOOF Cemetery in Indiahoma, Comanche Co., OK.
Children of Shadrack Filmore Johnson & Matilda Jane Cheek:
- Mack Johnson, b. Oct. 1881, Alleghany Co., NC. Possibly the Mack G. Johnson b. Apr. 10, 1882, who d. Apr. 30, 1972, in Dallas, TX (Social Security Death Index; Texas Death Index).
- Charles Guy Johnson, b. Sept. 16, 1883, Alleghany Co., NC; d. June 28, 1961, Erick, Beckham Co., OK; m. Elizabeth CAMPBELL, daughter of James Brown CAMPBELL & Margaret Elizabeth GALTTANA (b. Dec. 13, 1895, Throckmorton Co., TX; d. Dec. 13, 1989).
- Major Geoffrey Johnson, b. Mar. 10, 1885, Alleghany Co., NC; d. Dec. 6, 1969, Hemphill Co., TX; m. Mabel Joan __ , abt. 1912 (b. Nov. 6, 1891, in Wisconsin; d. Nov. 30, 1969); bur. Canadian Cemetery, Hemphill Co., TX.
- Joseph Steven Johnson, b. Mar. 10, 1887, Alleghany Co., NC; d. Oct. 20, 1959, Erick, Beckham Co., OK; m. (1) Sadie CAMPBELL, daughter of James Brown CAMPBELL & Margaret Elizabeth GALTANA, Oct. 6, 1907 (b. June 4, 1894, Throckmorton Co., TX; d. May 23, 1935); m. (2) Florence FIKES, aft. 1935.
hadrack Filmore Johnson was the oldest son of Aaron Ashley Johnson and Sarah Joines of Wilkes County, NC. Most of the information on this family was kindly provided by Nola Johnson, daughter-in-law of Joseph Steven Johnson. According to Nola, a family Bible in the possession of Shadrack's descendants in Oklahoma contains the following entry: Shadrack Johnson and Matilda Cheek married Jan. 20, 1881, at Sandy Ford, NC. Witnesses Jilly Cort and Clark Higgins. Shadrack son of Ashley Johnson and Sally Jane Joins. Matilda daughter of Meredith Cheek and Sally Anders.
Dec. 2, 1895. C.H. COLLINS, exec'r of James ANDREWS, dec'd, to S.F. JOHNSON & wife Matilda JOHNSON, 51 acres on Little River adj. Malon COLLINS & others, for $206.55. Signed: C.H. COLLINS. Wit: R.A. DOUGHTON. Proved Jan. 8, 1896. Reg. Jan. 16, 1896. (Alleghany DB 10:349.)
- 1900 Census, Alleghany Co., NC, Glade Creek Twp.
SHADRACK JOHNSON, July 1860, age 39, m. 19 yrs, NC NC NC, farmer
- -- Matilda J., wife, Jan. 1855, age 45, m. 19 yrs, 4 children /4 living, VA NC NC
- -- Mack C., son, Oct. 1881, age 18, NC NC VA
- -- Charley G., son, Sept. 1883, age 16, " " "
- -- Major G., son, Mar. 1885, age 14, " " "
- -- Joseph S., son, Mar. 1887, age 12, " " "
- 1910 Census, Beckham Co., OK, Texola Twp., p.256
SHADRICK F. JOHNSON, 49, m. 29 yrs, NC NC NC, farmer
- -- Matilda, wife, 55, m. 29 yrs, 4 children/4 living, NC NC NC
- 1920 Census, Harmon Co., OK, Hollis Town, p.10:
SHADRACH JOHNSON, 59, NC NC NC, proprietor of wagon yard
- -- Matilda, wife, 64, NC NC NC
- -- Max, son, 38, " " "
- -- Charlie, son, 36, " " "